Friday, May 13, 2011

Just Sharing. Gratefully.

Not sure if any of you keep track of this, but I am saying this yet again: if there is one thing that shocks me about America and Americans 13 years after landing here is the same thing that shocked me 13 years ago, on my first day: the entitlement attitude. The already oh so cliché taking for granted of everything. And I mean everything. The overwhelming and emotionally draining (to me) un-appreciative nature of almost anyone I know that’s born here.

In so many ways, I am so lucky to have Aa. for my husband, for his many, innumerable qualities. But one quality without which I would not have married him is … that he is a total opposite of the attitude and nature described above. His mindfulness. And gratitude. His awareness of people less fortunate than ourselves. His humble-ness.

And his newest blog speaks for this. I hope you find this to be true, too. It's lengthy, but I think it's worth it.

Enjoy!

No comments: