Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Eastward Bound: UT to NC – Day One – Moab, UT. Red Rocks

This is the second entry of a multi-entry series.


This is the map of our journey with the stops on the way. And yes, we are actually going through Texas, which is something I told myself I would never get to do ... 

Off we are truly now on the way to NC. This is the second time I am doing this trip, between UT and NC, and this is Aa's third time. Today was our shortest day, a little over 3 hours of driving.

I drive alone in the car, except for Gypsy-The-Cat, and there is lots of time to think, reflect and ponder upon everything, really. We have made the trip between Spanish Fork and Moab numerous times in the past seven years, so today I had plenty of time to think back of all the memories. People we took the trip with, spots on the way where we stopped for lunch, camping, or just to shoot this beautiful place. Turns in the road off to other places we visited. It's all sad, and good, and grateful. I keep wondering when I will see these places again, if ever at all.

It's a gorgeous time of the year to be making this trip – not too cold (except for nighttime), not too hot either. Today, we drove East and South with the sun blinding us the whole time. It's a warm, Indian summer kind of weather – my absolute favorite. The leaves are not all the way turned in Moab, but what are, they are screaming yellow.

These are just a very few of the many pictures I shot while driving behind our camper, and trying to keep the wheel from throwing me at the cement walls lining the winding mountain highways.


Our 'Last Supper' last night was Indian food, at Tadka, in Payson. You locals, make sure you keep them in business. Kindest people ever and some of the best food! 


Good bye, beautiful rocky cliffs! 



Our camper ('The Pup') approaching red rocks. 


Entering Moab, one (maybe) last time ... 


The desert in the fall. 


We made it to our first KOA (ever, together, and on this trip). 


Our caravan at our campsite


Our view for lunch, from our camper - towards the rocks of Moab. 


In a long sigh, I am bidding a melancholy 'good bye' to the gorgeous state that has been our home for the past seven years. 

No comments: