Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Ever Elusive ...

I am not sure why ... but every time I see a rainbow it just makes my day! It could be the hardest day at work, or - worse - in life ... and it just makes me smile with hope.

There is something about their ephemerality, their immateriality, their magic and elusiveness that fascinates us, I think. So close to us, so visible, and yet ... so impossible to touch. Just like happiness. Fleeting.

I caught a glimpse - literally, as they are so short lived - of one today, and I managed to snap some pictures while rushing home from work, at 70 mph down the highway.

And in just of a bit of irony: who would have thought that the end of one would be smack dab in the middle of a ... WalMart parking lot of all places in the world?!




Apologies for the qualities of the pics (click on picture for more) - as I have said, I was driving very fast, amongst traffic, and had only my little baby Canon on hand ...

No comments: