Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's Here ...


Curtains blow in the midnight wind. Pillows cool …

Little girls, book bags on backs, pushing each other through sprinklers in the morning on the way to school … Giggling.

Traffic backed up in Friday rush hour – wall to wall RV’s heading out  …

Can’t hear myself think from crickets yelling … Mourning doves cooing in the shade … Cherries are sagging, lazily … Hikers and bikers hanging on mountain trails like beads on string …

Yard is cracked. Sighs when water hits … Junipers browning under the midday blistering sun … I am craving ice cream for once  ... The smell of sizzling beef in someone’s back yard … and of OFF on my skin …

It’s not even Memorial Day yet. It’s gonna be a long one … I hope. 

I love the freshness of the mountain in the summer:
walking through Sundance in May. 



No comments: