Saturday, August 11, 2012

Too Long ...


I have been trying to figure out what my favorite memory of my sister is. We have been so close, growing up, growing old, when together and apart. I cannot pick, ever, because every second with her is a blessing and pure joy! How can you grade happiness?!

As I have said so many times before, I would not be who I am today if it had not been for her being in my life, for her love, patience, lessons of kindness and strength. I think of her every time I make a decision and every last second of my waking days …

I am so grateful that God has given me 34 years today of sharing my life with her. And on her big day, I have decided that my favorite memory of her will always be the last one. It’s the freshest and it keeps it raw in my mind and heart why I love her so much and how sweet it is to spend time with her.

The last memory of us together is from too long a time ago: last year, in May, when I visited them in Montreal for my second nephew’s baptism. She was happy and fulfilled that she was a mommy for the second time, and that we were able to be all together as a family - a rare thing in our international family’s life! It’s been too long since that day … way too long …

Happy birthday, sorela, and hurry up and come up here, already!

Te ubec!

 Montreal - May, 2011

No comments: