Thursday, February 27, 2020

To My Love, with All My Heart ...


He’s patient and kind.

He makes me laugh the loudest (sorry, dad!) and he dries away my tears so often …

He wraps my wounds and heals me …

He writes, he draws, he plays music, he cooks, he cleans, he makes pictures and woodworking …

He loves to drive and eat … A lot.

He loves ice-cream, squirrels, birds, kitties, and pups, and he loves me – but I am not sure where in this hierarchy I fall. It doesn’t matter – I am honored to be in the hierarchy at all …

He is as tough as nails and as soft as jell-o ... 

He can take more than anyone I know and he has the most tender heart ... 

To most people, he is the most serious man alive, and to me – he is the biggest joker there ever was …

We talk about computers, “brilliant code”, English, foreign languages, geography, politics, books, where our next adventure will be, our day-to-day boring lives, picture-taking, decorating, building homes … and the list can go on forever …

He’s my best friend, the human that I spend the most time with, the first thought I have in the morning, the last one as I slip into the night …

I am still in awe that two humans who grew up so differently, in such remote corners of the planet could finally meet and click so much. That two such humans can be so alike in the same weird ways …

I am humbled every day that he shares his life with me.

I never believed in the meaning of ‘forever’ till I met him … He fills my heart, my senses, my every day …

If there is one thing I hate about this man is that I did not meet him sooner ... 

There is no amount of words that I can string together to tell you more about him. None of them would do him justice …

I put this video together to celebrate his craziness and quirks, his sweetness and sass, and to amuse him and all who know him. I hope this worked.

I love you, babe! Today more than always before…


No comments: